Expansion Plan

Introducing Project Eclipse: Revolutionizing the Future of Agricorp

Ginger production in Nigeria has been steadily on the rise, with a significant focus in the northern region, particularly in Kaduna State. Tridge reports that Nigeria annually produces approximately 37,000 metric tons of fresh ginger. Of this total, 10% is consumed locally in its fresh form, while the remaining 90% is dried for various uses. Around 20% of the dried ginger is consumed domestically, while the remaining 80% is exported.

At Agricorp, we have been actively engaged with the community, fostering positive change and creating opportunities. One notable achievement is our successful collaboration with over 100 women processors in southern Kaduna, generating direct employment for them. We have also formed partnerships with over 4,000 smallholder farmers, and our aim is to expand our reach to over 10,000 farmers in the upcoming farming season.

Our primary objective is to uplift the community, increase farmers’ incomes, promote gender equality by involving more women in these processes, and emphasize the importance of youth engagement for long-term sustainability.

To achieve these ambitious goals, we are proud to announce the launch of Project Eclipse. This groundbreaking initiative aims to establish Africa’s largest ginger processing facility. Our target is to complete this state-of-the-art facility (date)

Project Eclipse will serve as a vital platform in partnership with the Kwoi Economic Forum, enabling us to process over 20,000 metric tons of ginger annually. Furthermore, it will act as a significant off-take point for more than 50,000 smallholder ginger farmers in southern Kaduna. This project holds tremendous potential to uplift farmers’ livelihoods by enhancing their incomes by over 40%.

Through Project Eclipse, we envision a brighter future for Agricorp and the entire ginger industry. Our commitment to sustainable practices, community empowerment, and economic growth remains unwavering. By revolutionizing ginger processing and leveraging our partnerships, we aim to create lasting prosperity for farmers and contribute to the overall development of southern Kaduna.

As we embark on this transformative journey, we invite you to be part of Project Eclipse and witness the incredible impact it will have on the community, the ginger industry, and beyond.